Anyway, I had to figure out something to say about a topic on which I know practically nothing (not a new situation for me, I assure you), and that prodded me into reflecting on what, if anything, this blog has accomplished over the four months of its cyberlife.
Here, for your edification, are my conclusions:
The Effect of this Blog on My Life (So Far)
- I have been able to claim to be working on the blog while reading Tom and Lorenzo's fabulous fashion reviews sixteen times.
- My cousin Bekah has found a new way to make snarky comments about our family. Not that she needed one.
- Six people are following me, and I can't count them as stalkers.
- I have found something to post to facebook that is not about grading, killing evil invasive plants or shared from George Takei.
- I found out that too few people in my life have enough respect for George Takei.
- My mother's popularity on campus has now extended into cyberspace where I receive daily pleas for more conversations with her. Today, someone asked if she'd sign a photo.
- Three students whom I don't know have come to my office to meet Xena, The Warrior Chicken.
- I have been able to claim to be working on the blog while reading Television Without Pity eight times.
- I have been able to claim to be grading papers while working on this blog twelve times (sorry, Mom).
- My neighbors across the street (who have not yet appeared in this blog, but I assure you, it's going to happen) have made me question their taste due to the completely over-the-top enthusiasm they have for this blog. Really, guys, you should try The Bloggess.
- And, finally, I have managed to find an appropriate forum for saying many of the things that have gotten me into trouble in other venues. My mother--and probably my employer--are greatly relieved.