To make it up to you, I am posting the Greatest Hits Facebook posts of a Friend of Mine, whose posts have given me many a chortle, sigh, and head-tilt due to his wisdom and good humor.
Facebook Greatest Hits by A Friend
1. What presidency hasn't had its National Security Advisor resign and seek immunity in less than 9 weeks in office?
2. Trump's definition of a deal is that he bullies and the other side caves.
3. A call to arms for Historians. To the barricades! Wait, no, that's defensive. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! No, that's nautical.
4. (That's the kind of reference you're more likely to get when your student autonomy is violated and your college makes you take Western Civ.)
5. The POTUS sent out 6 whining tweets between 3:26 and 4:02 am. Somehow, I don't find this reassuring
6. I only saw two nominees for Best Picture, "La La Land " and "Arrival," and I liked "Arrival" better, so it should win. (I'm not sure this makes me different from most of the people who actually get to vote on this.)
7. February 23. Grading on the deck in short sleeves. 73°. Man, when those Chinese pull a hoax, they go all out.
8. Flynn was not the ultimate target. The leaks will continue until morale improves, I guess.
9. How bad was Flynn? Just about everyone thinks the guy on probation for passing classified information to his lover would be an improvement.
10. Maybe he should form a special leaks-finding group. Call them the Plumbers, maybe. What could go wrong?
11. It's the easiest thing in the world to denounce past injustices. What's hard is seeing what is happening in your own time and saying "this is wrong."
12. So, "a member of Trump’s transition team floated the idea of including tanks and missile launchers in the inaugural parade." Nothing tin-pot dictator-y about that AT ALL.