Saturday, December 21, 2013

From Our Home to Your Home (or The Carol of the Mop)

Happy Holidays, gentle readers!  Have you missed me?  Of course, you have!  And what have I been doing?  Preparing for the Yuletide visit of my dearest sister, my darned adorable niece, and my quite wonderful brother-in-law!  How am I preparing? Oh, I'm so glad you asked! I have been cleaning and cleaning and decorating and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and trimming and cleaning and buying more things with which to, well, clean.

Anyway, I have written a Christmas carol to inspire myself in this endless task, and I have been singing it at full voice at 2am while polishing...everything.  Enjoy!


Rockin' around the Christmas tree

In my jammies with a mop.

The cobwebs hung where you could see,

Every corner at the top.

Rockin' around the Christmas tree,

Let the dust rag rub and swing,

Later I'll have some deep red wine,

And I’ll do some vacuuming.

You will get a slightly queasy feeling as you near,

Nostrils flaring, "Oh, by golly,

Bleach and Lysol drown out holly!"

Rockin' around the Christmas tree,

Have a spotless holiday,

Everything scrubbed and organized,

For part of one whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment